Chris H - UK
I'm one of two "Chris H"s here; we even seem to have vaguely similar work backgrounds. Luckily we don't seem to disagree too much in comment threads.
I'm based in the UK and travel mainly by bike and public transport unless I'm staying in my camper van or need outdoor activity kit. I'm mainly confined to western Europe at the moment but have been much further afield for wildlife trips and on business.
I think the best way to see most places is by public transport and on foot, and prefer to speak at least enough of the local language for a little politeness.
Any code of mine that I publish anywhere on stackexchange.com I hereby place in the public domain to the extent governable by law. Explicitly, I place it under the CC0. This also applies to documentation/instructions etc.
Opinions I post are mine and mine only unless clearly stated.
Attribution (especially if I say anything clever) is appreciated where reasonable - but specifically not demanded.
Member for 7 years
3 profile views
Last seen Aug 20 '20 at 17:06
- Bicycles 40.3k 40.3k 22 gold badges6262 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 35.9k 35.9k 11 gold badge7272 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 20.1k 20.1k 22 gold badges4848 silver badges8888 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.1k 20.1k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges8383 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 8.1k 8.1k 33 gold badges3030 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 177 What's the single-word for "left or right handed"?
- 165 Password management for kids - what's a good way to start?
- 80 Storing passwords in access-restricted Google spreadsheets?
- 78 What is so bad about puns?
- 73 Is my microwave damaged if I can smell the food inside it?
- 72 When a recipe asks to add spices to the oil, can you add the spices directly to the sauce for the same effect?
- 71 Is a 13-hour layover at Heathrow enough time to go see Buckingham Palace?
- View more network posts →