I am an ex-scientist with very broad interests working now as software developer.
If you read my contributions, you may notice that I am writing in an extremely direct and open way which can be quite unnerving especially if you personally are very polite or belong to a culture which values politeness. "Yes" means yes, "No" means no, do not try to find hidden depths in the conversation. Especially if I say negative things like "This is wrong/incorrect", do not see it as personal attack. The easiest thing to cope with it is to imagine me like a computer.
I have a more cynical, utilitaristic and pessimistic view and answers are modelled by taking my own conclusions and experience gathered from other people. So some earnest answers may clash with your preference for answers who sound good. I see me more in the role of a narrator who has experienced many things, so do not arrive at the conclusion that I actually follow or condone behavior described in answers you disagree with.
Member for 6 years, 6 months
43 profile views
Last seen Sep 17 '18 at 22:47
- Travel 15.4k 15.4k 11 gold badge4343 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 13.8k 13.8k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Academia 4.6k 4.6k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Politics 4.3k 4.3k 1414 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- The Workplace 3.9k 3.9k 99 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 206 How do you know if Americans genuinely/literally mean what they say?
- 195 Responding to low-key insult from lecturer
- 129 How does the government cover up alien crash landings?
- 95 How to convince airport security that I am not dangerous when having metallic parts in my body?
- 87 Is Big Brother an actual person in the novel 1984?
- 86 Why is the British government so determined to arrest Julian Assange?
- 69 Million-year-old records
- View more network posts →