Mathematician by trade, other interests including… well, roughly what my SE activity suggests. Currently living in Sweden, previously variously in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 23 at 5:10
- English Language & Usage 18.2k 18.2k 33 gold badges4444 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 9.7k 9.7k 11 gold badge4040 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Mathematics 6k 6k 44 gold badges2020 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Academia 5.9k 5.9k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 355 Pedagogy: How to cure students of the "law of universal linearity"?
- 282 How do you explain to a 5th grader why division by zero is meaningless?
- 200 How do I ask for an espresso if there's a good chance they don't know how to make it?
- 119 Is it unethical to take a photograph of my question sheets from a sit-down exam I've just finished if I am not allowed to take them home?
- 108 How to deal with a professor who grades assignments and exams incorrectly
- 63 Writing a recommendation letter for a student I reported for academic dishonesty
- 63 When Frodo offers her the ring, is Galadriel really tempted, or just making a point?
- View more network posts →