- I create software to forecast retail sales and calculate order proposals. Lots of time series, with an emphasis on fast, automatic and robust data cleansing and forecasting. My main responsibility is the algorithmic and statistical aspects of the SAP Unified Demand Forecast, SAP's forecasting engine for the retail sector.
- I'm an Associate Editor for the practitioner-oriented forecasting journal Foresight published by the International Institute of Forecasters.
- I'm an Honorary Researcher at the Centre for Marketing Analytics and Forecasting at Lancaster University Management School.
- I recently authored, with Enno Siemsen, an accessible forecasting textbook: Demand Forecasting for Managers, by Business Expert Press. Get a copy for the forecaster or forecasting manager in your life today!
- My ORCID is 0000-0001-9393-0765.
- My main tool is the statistical computing environment R.
Member for 3 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 28 at 18:43
- Cross Validated 52.6k 52.6k 99 gold badges105105 silver badges198198 bronze badges
- Academia 27.5k 27.5k 99 gold badges9696 silver badges140140 bronze badges
- The Workplace 9.2k 9.2k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.7k 6.7k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1k 1k 11 gold badge22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 233 How to know that your machine learning problem is hopeless?
- 169 How to deal with failing a student?
- 157 How to Say "No" to my manager if he asks me to take his exams for him
- 144 Students trying to negotiate away penalties for late submission of coursework
- 104 Why do academics frequently write very short email replies?
- 103 Is it appropriate for an undergrad student to ask a professor to sign a non-disclosure agreement?
- 103 Being alive today: the most improbable coincidence?
- View more network posts →