I'm based in the UK and travel mainly by bike and public transport unless I'm staying in my camper van or need outdoor activity kit. I'm mainly confined to western Europe at the moment but have been much further afield for wildlife trips and on business.
I think the best way to see most places is by public transport and on foot, and prefer to speak at least enough of the local language for a little politeness.
Any code of mine that I publish anywhere on stackexchange.com I hereby place in the public domain to the extent governable by law. Explicitly, I place it under the CC0. This also applies to documentation/instructions etc.
Opinions I post are mine and mine only unless clearly stated.
Attribution (especially if I say anything clever) is appreciated where reasonable - but specifically not demanded.
Member for 5 years, 4 months
2 profile views
Last seen Oct 3 at 14:00
- Bicycles 30k 30k 11 gold badge4343 silver badges129129 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 26.2k 26.2k 11 gold badge4848 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 18.7k 18.7k 44 gold badges3434 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 14.5k 14.5k 22 gold badges3535 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 7.4k 7.4k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 170 What's the single-word for "left or right handed"?
- 166 Password management for kids - what's a good way to start?
- 80 Storing passwords in access-restricted Google spreadsheets?
- 78 What is so bad about puns?
- 71 When a recipe asks to add spices to the oil, can you add the spices directly to the sauce for the same effect?
- 67 Is a 13-hour layover at Heathrow enough time to go see Buckingham Palace?
- 61 Is it normal that a peer reviewer would ask for an executable file in order to check my results?
- View more network posts →