I'm an Australian developer (working overseas) currently working as a Delphi consultant. Prior to that I worked for eight years for a marine science software company, working on underwater visualisation and analysis software in C++. My day-to-day working language is now Delphi, which I've used since version 1 in 1995 (when I would have been, what, 12...) as well as occasional C++.
I started programming on a BBC Master microcomputer (mode 2! So many colours!) before moving to Turbo Pascal for DOS, and then Delphi. My hobby languages these days are Objective C and Swift.
This tag enters me for a free SO Tshirt, celebrating SO's ten millionth question.
- Stack Overflow 12.5k 12.5k 66 gold badges5858 silver badges124124 bronze badges
- Travel 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.1k 1.1k 55 gold badges1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Geographic Information Systems 291 291 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Super User 281 281 22 gold badges33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 105 How do you extract local variable information (address and type) from a Delphi program or the compiler-generated debug info?
- 85 Multithreading: What is the point of more threads than cores?
- 63 Is the message "You must change your passcode within 60 minutes" valid / non-malware?
- 46 Recommendations for a docking library for Delphi / C++Builder?
- 37 How can I determine whether a Delphi object is of a specific class and not any descendant class?
- 32 Advice for converting a large monolithic singlethreaded application to a multithreaded architecture?
- 27 How to determine if the mouse cursor is inside a control
- View more network posts →