A happy contract engineer for decades who burned out somewhat in the late 1990s, pursued other passions, and learned that the satisfaction of engineering was more than recognized. Now focused on improving and updating my skills and focusing on personally compelling areas of technology.
Recent contracts include a C++/MFC GUI for a security agent to monitor potential hazardous conditions and decide upon suggested actions.
In 2010, did a three month process control upgrade project which controls all of northern+central California's transmission power grid. Did a prototype of a B2B LAMP website, and an embedded control and monitoring system for a high power UV-based water processing unit.
Now working on an embedded airborne system which reacts to airborne and ground threats using 3D Great Circle trigonometry.
Portland, Oregon, U.S.
Member for 7 years, 10 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 30 '14 at 18:15
- Stack Overflow 50.5k 50.5k 1010 gold badges7070 silver badges126126 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 11.5k 11.5k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 4.5k 4.5k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 1.3k 1.3k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 245 fork() branches more than expected?
- 238 How to open, read, and write from serial port in C?
- 78 Purpose of ESI & EDI registers?
- 60 How do I remove a file in Linux whose name looks like it's ONLY a hyphen, as in "-"
- 53 Regular expression to search multiple strings (Textpad)
- 52 mysql import on windows
- 42 GDB corrupted stack frame - How to debug?
- View more network posts →