A happy contract engineer for decades who burned out somewhat in the late 1990s, pursued other passions, and learned that the satisfaction of engineering was more than recognized. Now focused on improving and updating my skills and focusing on personally compelling areas of technology.
Recent contracts include a C++/MFC GUI for a security agent to monitor potential hazardous conditions and decide upon suggested actions.
In 2010, did a three month process control upgrade project which controls all of northern+central California's transmission power grid. Did a prototype of a B2B LAMP website, and an embedded control and monitoring system for a high power UV-based water processing unit.
Now working on an embedded airborne system which reacts to airborne and ground threats using 3D Great Circle trigonometry.
Portland, Oregon, U.S.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 30 '14 at 18:15
- Stack Overflow 52.3k 52.3k 1111 gold badges7373 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 11.9k 11.9k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 4.6k 4.6k 22 gold badges2828 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 1.3k 1.3k 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 248 How to open, read, and write from serial port in C?
- 245 fork() branches more than expected?
- 89 Purpose of ESI & EDI registers?
- 65 Regular expression to search multiple strings (Textpad)
- 60 How do I remove a file in Linux whose name looks like it's ONLY a hyphen, as in "-"
- 54 mysql import on windows
- 44 GDB corrupted stack frame - How to debug?
- View more network posts →