Currently I am a software engineer at Snap Inc.
Previously I've been working at Microsoft Bing for almost four years. During my years at Microsoft I was the primary back-end algorithm developer or tech lead for many features related to natural language processing and machine learning. I've designed and implemented many core algorithms that powered Bing's conversational experience, question answering and entity carousel.
Prior to joining Microsoft, I've obtained my Ph.D. from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. My research was primarily on the theme of sensor-based human activity recognition. Throughout my PhD years, I've published around 20 papers in top conferences and journals. I was also a winner of the Microsoft Research Fellowship in the year 2009.
I also enjoy competitive programming a lot. I was a regular contestant in programming contests like acm/icpc, Google Code Jam and TopCoder Open. I've also won awards and top prizes from these competitions.
Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Ks81aO0AAAAJ&hl=en
Specialties: machine learning, data mining, algorithms, programming
- Stack Overflow 4.7k 4.7k 99 gold badges3737 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 997 997 22 gold badges88 silver badges77 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 567 567 33 gold badges66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 273 273 11 gold badge22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Academia 253 253 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 126 COUNT DISTINCT with CONDITIONS
- 82 How can I turn off "middle mouse button paste" functionality in all programs?
- 41 Is there a standard C++ equivalent of IEnumerable<T> in C#?
- 32 Use Task.WaitAll() to handle awaited tasks?
- 23 Why is there a difference using std::thread::hardware_concurrency() and boost::thread::hardware_concurrency()?
- 23 "Related work" or "related works"
- 20 Why is there a difference using std::thread::hardware_concurrency() and boost::thread::hardware_concurrency()?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.