I love Ruby, Rails and web apps in general. Also allergic to PHP. I have strong feelings about ((seemingly) pointless) stuff like Crockford's Base 32 encoding.
I think StackOverflow and the StackExchange network are one of the most brilliant and well-made websites out there. I always focus on usefulness for other visitors when asking or answering to a question.
I can be seen on Twitter @jonathanallard, sometimes babbling about technology or politics, oftentimes in French, which is my mother language, which might explain the occasional quirks in my phrasings, and the long sentences.
Member for 5 years, 7 months
21 profile views
Last seen Jan 23 at 2:34
- Stack Overflow 9k 9k 99 gold badges4747 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Travel 743 743 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 686 686 33 gold badges99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 578 578 22 gold badges77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 280 280 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 501 Getting only response header from HTTP POST using curl
- 270 Float vs Decimal in ActiveRecord
- 142 Swapping keys and values in a hash
- 86 Why is the root directory on a web server put by default in "/var/www"?
- 77 Best way to transfer files over a LAN between two Linux computers
- 62 Swapping keys and values in a hash
- 46 Setting up Discourse on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- View more network posts →