- It's about a problem often faced by travelers,
- Most people on the money site have never experienced this problem (except while traveling)
- It may be most applicable to expats, but the popular consensus is that expat questions are welcome here. (there is an Expat proposal, but it's still just a proposal)
In general, the community seems divided on what is considered 'on topic', but I think questions which meet ALL the following criteria are on:
- The question is most often faced by people we could classify as 'travelers'
- Answers would be useful to other travelers
If we decide to move expat questions to a designated site, pushing them away before that site is up seems to miss the point. It smells like a rule that was established when Immagration still existed. Now that we seem to be between good expat sites, can't we relax the ban on expat questions a bit? (we can migrate them when they have a good home)
Thoughts? Do people agree that we're being overzealous migrating this question, or is there some expense associated with keeping this question here that I'm not considering?