I'll (cocomac) be running the photo contest this month (January).
The topic is "Horizon Lines", meaning photos that contain a horizon line of some sort - sunsets and landscapes are two examples. Feel free to ping me in chat with thoughts on the photo contest themes or if you have ideas!
Remember that if your photo includes people (other than you), you need permission (from them) prior to posting the photo. Alternatively, you can make them unrecognizable.
The contest will end at the end of January (UTC time). The following rules apply (credit to Willeke, but slightly modified):
- Up to three photos per answer. Photos in the same answer should be related.
- You can make up to three posts (attempts).
- Do not delete posts if you don't get votes: you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more attempts if your first one doesn't work out.)
- All submissions should have a line with when and where the photo(s) was/were taken, along with a description of the subject.
- The photo has to be taken by the person who posted it, or by a travel partner (needs to be named).
- Keep it nice, CoC-compliant, non-offensive, and non-NSFW.
- If you have people recognizable in the photo you have to have their permission to post the photo, or make them unrecognizable.
- If you disagree with a photo, please consider commenting on it or bringing it up in chat. For the purposes of judging, only upvotes will be considered; downvotes will not affect the score of the photo.
- The photo may have been taken any time.
- If there is no tie for the highest number of upvotes at the end of the month, the winner will be announced then; if there is, the voting period may extend beyond the month.
- If you'd like to suggest a theme for a future photo competition, please add it to the list of possible photo competition topics. Also, you can join us in chat to help us decide which topic to choose.