The theme for the June photo competition is "Road and water crossing" (proposed by Willeke). This covers any photo of all kinds of ways for roads to cross a waterway, bridges, tunnels, ferries, fords, and whatever else you can find in your photo collection, take photos of and so on. This is a repeat of earlier competitions, please try to use new to the site photos if you have them.
You may make your submission as an answer to this post. The standard rules for photo contests apply:
- Up to three photos per answer. Photos in the same answer should be of the same crossing/ferry/bridge/tunnel/whatever.
- You can make up to three posts (attempts).
- Do not delete posts if you don't get votes: you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more attempts if your first one doesn't work out.)
- All submissions should have a line with when and where the photo(s) was/were taken, along with a description of the subject.
- The photo has to be taken by the person who posted it, or by a travel partner (needs to be named).
- Keep it nice, non-offensive, and non-NSFW.
- If you have people recognizable in the photo you have to have their permission to post the photo, or make them unrecognizable.
- If you disagree with a photo, please consider leaving a comment on it or bringing it up in chat. For the purposes of judging, only upvotes will be considered; downvotes will not affect the score of the photo.
- The photo may have been taken any time.
- The photo competition will begin at the start of the month of June, and continue until the end of the month (again in UTC). If there is no tie for the highest number of upvotes at the end of the month, the winner will be announced then; if there is, the voting period may extend beyond the month.
- If you'd like to suggest a theme for a future photo competition, please add it to the list of possible photo competition topics. Also, you can join us in chat to help us make the decision on which topic to choose.
Photos only, moving images will be disqualified and edited out of the post!