The theme for the September photo competition is "Places". This competition is a multi-photo contest, much like the past competitions on road trips and castles.
Each answer should consist of up to five photos of a given place, large enough to take multiple hours to explore but smaller than an entire city. Examples include:
- The downtown area of a city
- An amusement park resort area (e.g. Legoland, the Universal Orlando resort, etc.)
- A university campus
- A major hub airport
You may make your submission as an answer to this post. The following rules apply:
- At least two and up to five photos per answer. You may edit your submission to add additional photos of the same place after submission, up to the limit.
- You can make up to three posts (attempts), but each attempt should be of a different place.
- Do not delete posts if you don't get votes: you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more attempts if your first one doesn't work out.)
- All submissions should have a line with when and where the photo was taken.
- The photos have to be taken by the person who posted it, or by a travel partner (needs to be named).
- Keep it nice, non-offensive, and non-NSFW.
- If you disagree with an entry, please consider leaving a comment on it or bringing it up in chat. For the purposes of judging, only upvotes will be considered; downvotes will not affect the score of the photo.
- The photo may have been taken any time.
- The photo competition will begin September 1, 2021, 0:00 UTC, and continue until the end of the month (again in UTC). If there is no tie for the highest number of upvotes at the end of the month, the winner will be announced then; if there is, the voting period may extend beyond the month.
If you'd like to suggest a theme for a future photo competition, please add it to the list of possible photo competition topics. Also, you can join us in chat to help us make the decision on which topic to choose.
Rory Alsop wins the bragging rights for the photo collection with the most votes, of Tenerife at sunset.
undefined wins the virtual prize for their collection of photos from Luxembourg, of which the last two strike home to me as they resemble Balboa Park here in San Diego, where I live.