The theme for the February photo competition is "Close to home". This covers any subject that is located within a ~50-kilometer (~30-mile) radius of where you're currently residing (or have previously resided) on a permanent or temporary (non-travel) basis. (The threshold is not exact, but a guideline.)
You may make your submission as an answer to this post. The standard rules for photo contests apply:
- Only one photo per answer.
- You can make up to three posts (attempts).
- Do not delete posts if you don't get votes: you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more attempts if your first one doesn't work out.)
- All submissions should have a line with when and where the photo was taken.
- The photo has to be taken by the person who posted it, or by a travel partner (needs to be named).
- Keep it nice, non-offensive, and non-NSFW.
- If you disagree with a photo, please consider leaving a comment on it or bringing it up in chat. For the purposes of judging, only upvotes will be considered; downvotes will not affect the score of the photo.
- The photo may have been taken any time.
- The photo competition will begin February 1, 2021, 0:00 UTC, and continue until the end of the month (again in UTC). If there is no tie for the highest number of upvotes at the end of the month, the winner will be announced then; if there is, the voting period may extend beyond the month.
If you'd like to suggest a theme for a future photo competition, please add it to the list of possible photo competition topics. Also, you can join us in chat to help us make the decision on which topic to choose.
Madhu Bhat received the highest number of votes, with their photo of a flower dangling from a window. The photo was previously tied with another, but after an extended voting period, it came out on top.
jcklopp's photo of a snail on their driveway in Hawaii wins the virtual prize, per a suggestion from users in chat.