The April 2020 photo competition is now over!
The theme for the April photo competition is "Hotels". While the name of this competition specifically refers to hotels, this doesn't necessarily mean hotels per se: this means any sort of place where a traveler can spend time resting or sleeping, free or paid, while traveling. Examples would be an outdoor photo of an ornate resort, an indoor photo of a luxurious hotel suite, or even a set of airport cots. (Places that you stay long-term on a temporary basis do not count, e.g. a university dormitory doesn't count.)
You may make your submission as an answer to this post. The standard rules for photo contests apply:
- Only one photo per answer.
- You can make up to three posts (attempts).
- Do not delete posts if you don't get votes: you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more attempts if your first one doesn't work out.)
- All submissions should have a line with when and where the photo was taken.
- The photo has to be taken by the person who posted it, or by a travel partner (needs to be named).
- Keep it nice, non-offensive, and non-NSFW.
- If you disagree with a photo, please consider leaving a comment on it or bringing it up in chat. For the purposes of judging, only upvotes will be considered; downvotes will not affect the score of the photo.
- The photo may have been taken any time.
- The photo competition will begin April 1, 2020, 0:00 UTC, and continue until the end of the month (again in UTC). If there is no tie for the highest number of upvotes at the end of the month, the winner will be announced then; if there is, the voting period may extend beyond the month.
If you'd like to suggest a theme for a future photo competition, please add it to the list of possible photo competition topics. Also, you can join us in chat to help us make the decision on which topic to choose.
mlc wins the bragging rights for the most voted photo this month, of the tents in Antarctica.
Mark Mayo wins the virtual prize for their long-exposure, tripod-less photo of the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.
Rules adapted from Willeke's previous photo competition.