The February photo competition is now open for entries!
The theme for February 2020 - Lighthouses by Greg Hewgill
A lighthouse is a tower, building, or other type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses and to serve as a navigational aid for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.
Note: To open this up to those who aren't near waterways or lighthouses, we will accept photos of buildings that are built to look like a lighthouse, even if they are nowhere near water (and have never functioned as a traditional lighthouse).
Rules for February 2020:
- Photo is of a lighthouse
- One (1) photo per answser.
- You can post up to three (3) answers.
- All entries should include a line of text with the location and subject of the photo and when the photo was taken, date for recent photos, month for 'a few years old' and year only of old ones.
- Remember we are Travel stack exchange. If you can give the photo or its description a travel connection, you should get more votes (and/or stand a better chance on getting the virtual prize.)
- The photo has to be taken by the user who posted it, or one of a two person team (including the user), give credit to the actual person who took the photo, nick names are acceptable.
- Try and keep it non offensive.
- The photo may have been taken any time.
- The photo does not need to include people, but when it does, make sure they are either agreed with them being in and online or show them in such a way they can not be recognized. (Doctoring the photo to block out faces is allowed.)
- No entries/photos to be posted before the 1st of February, 2020
- No entries/photos to be posted after the end of February, 2020.
- Voting will run till midnight, the last seconds of February 2020* and to be clear, we use UTC, just like the site itself. (*Or as soon after as your main judge can see the votes.)
Please do not delete posts if you do not get upvotes (or even get down votes.) It is what you entered, stand by it.
(If you think a photo does not meet the rules, you can post a comment or ask about it in the chat.)
If you want to join in sharing themes for future competitions, please see Possible topics for the photo competition. Just edit your suggestions into the community wiki answers there. And to have a say in which one will be selected next month, do a suggestion, soon after a month started, in the You Are Here chat. Be ready to defend your choice for a while, as more people might post suggestions.