Theme for September 2019 is Towers
In the Travel Stack Exchange chat we came to the following wording:
Any natural or human-made structure that rises beyond 100 feet (30 meters) and should be taller than it is wide or a tower in the more traditional sense like a church tower, a part of a temple or castle or some such regardless of actual height.
- As usual, one photo per post.
- You can post up to three posts.
- Do not delete posts if you do not get votes, you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more chances with your other photos.)
- All posts should have a line with when the photo was taken and what is in it and/or where it is.
- The photo has to be taken by the person who posted it, or by a travel partner (needs to be named.)
Keep it nice and non offensive.
Do not downvote, if you do not agree with a photo do leave a comment to it or post in the chat. Only upvotes count.
The photo may have been taken any time.
- The photo does not need to include people, but when it does, make sure they are either agreed with them being in and online or show them in such a way they can not be recognized. (Doctoring the photo to block out faces is allowed.)
Photos can be posted in the whole month of September, we use UTC, just as the site. The winner will be announced if there is no tie at the end of the month, and the voting period may extend beyond the month.
If you want to have a say in the upcoming themes, add it to the list here and/or come to the chat which is mentioned above.
Kuba has won the bragging rights for the Azadi (Freedom) Tower in Tehran, Iran photo.
Tor-Einar Jarnbjo won the virtual prize for the photo of the Duga-1 receiver station near Chornobyl, Ukraine.