For March 2019 the theme for the Travel Stack Exchange photo competition will be Bus stops and other places where people start (or finish) communal travel.
Inspiration: Bus and train stations, car share parking areas, hitch hikers in a line on the side of a road, ferry landing areas, airports.
So not buses, train, planes and ferries themselves, it is where you start (or end) the travel. The vehicles for travel may be included in the photo, but they have to be at a stop.
- 1 photo per answer.
- You may submit more than 1 answer per user. But keep it to no more than 3 posts.
- Try and keep it non offensive.
- All entries should include a line of text with the location and subject of the photo and the date the photo was taken.
- The photo has to be taken by the user* who posted it and taken in the time frame given in the description for that month's photo. (*Or one of a two people team, give credit to the actual person who took the photo, nick names are acceptable.)
- Remember we are 'Travel' stack exchange. If you can give the photo or its description a travel connection, you should get more votes (and/or stand a better chance on getting the virtual prize.)
The next rules changes per month, the subject of the picture and its 'when it was taken'.
For the month of March I would like to set the rules:
- The photo can have been taken anytime.
- The subject of the photo is Bus stops and other places where people start (or finish) communal travel.
- The photo should not be of people, as such, but it is rather likely that one or more will be in the picture. If so, either in such a way you can not recognize them or you should have permission to post their photo online. It is up to the person posting the photo to make sure that it is up to the laws of the country where the picture was taken.
- No entries/photos should be posted before midnight, 1st of March 2019, voting will run till midnight, the last seconds of March 2019* and to be clear, we use UTC, just like the site itself. (*Or as soon after as your main judge can see the votes.)
I am looking forward to your photos.
User Tor-Einar Jarnbjo has won the March competition, with a few votes on the number two, fkraiem.
User hippietrail has won the virtual prize, he wins the virtual prize, it would have been a completely unorganized foot travel to Rome, but as he mentioned the 'magic words' FAKE NEWS, it will metamorph into a completely unorganized foot travel to the holy place of his choice. Of course no travel cost included nor help given.