Over the three months December 2018 - February 2019 I want to run a photo competition, (it can run longer if well accepted and active, but three months is guaranteed.)
The highest voted answer will get the fame and bragging rights. An extra virtual prize may be given to that or any other photo.
The basic rules are the same as those for the last competition. Only from now on the 'user who has taken the photo' can be one person or two working together, like a husband and wife or two people who travel(ed) together.
- 1 photo per answer.
- May submit more than 1 answer per user.
- try and keep it non offensive.
- All entries should include a line of text with the location and subject of the photo and the date the photo was taken.
- the photo has to be taken by the user* who posted it and taken in the time frame given in the description for that month's photo.
(*Or one of a two people team, give credit to the actual person who took the photo.)
The next rules changes per month, the subject of the picture and its 'when it was taken'.
For the month of January I would like to set the rule:
- The photo is of nature.
Buildings, roads, and other man made objects may be present in the picture but should have a minor role in the subject and composition.
- The photo can have been taken between the announcement of this competition (11-11-2018) and the last day of January 2019.
- The photo should not include people as important part of the picture. If unavoidable, people can be included as long as they are not recognizable.
- Remember we are 'Travel' stack exchange. If you can give the photo or its description a travel connection, you should get more votes (and/or stand a better chance on getting the virtual prize.)
- No entries/photos should be posted before midnight, 1st of January 2019, voting will run till midnight 31st of January 2019 and to be clear, we use UTC, just like the site itself. (Or as soon after as your main judge can see the votes.)
Update after the end of the month.
The highest voted photo did not meet all the rules, so the second highest wins this month.
Congratulations mts, the bragging rights are yours.
The virtual prize this month is for Sue. You get an afternoon of bird and small mammal watching in your nearest park, travel and binoculars not included. And no refund if it rains.