Are questions about traveling while under various forms of specific legal disabilities acceptable for this site? Legal disabilities can include:
- Criminal justice supervised release, including probation, parole, house arrest, furlough, electronic monitoring, etc.
- Civil guardianship
- Outpatient civil commitment / Community Treatment Orders (CTO), etc.
- Sex offender registration requirements
Example hypothetical questions:
- I am on State Probation in Florida for a felony. What form do I need to fill out to request permission to take a one week trip to Georgia?
- I have legal guardianship of my adult child in Germany. Does he need my permission to travel to the Netherlands? May the permission be oral or does it need to be in writing?
- My psychiatrist told me that a person subject to a Community Treatment Order (CTO) under the UK's Mental Health Act 2007 may not travel more than 50 km from their home without permission from the Mental Health Review Tribunal. Is this correct?
- I am required to register as a sex offender in the US and live in Oklahoma. I am visiting Texas for two weeks. How many days do I have to register with Texas police before I am in violation of registration requirements?
This is not a duplicate of Are legal issues on-topic? as that question is about a question asking about travel related fraud, not legal travel restrictions.