Apparantly, somebody attempted a meta clean up. At least, I just experienced five questions in the close vote review queue. That in itself is a tad weird considering the number of questions per day this meta experiences (which is closer to 1 per day). But it got even weirder. Take your time to check out the five questions that received close votes/flags:
- New Design Launched
- New Beta Theme Launched
- Voting on-topic questions off-topic
- Some hostel booking sites we might not all know about
- A friendly reminder that duplicates should be the same QUESTION, not different questions with similar answers
As far as I could see, most close votes were given for unclear. But none of these meta-posts are unclear. If anything, they are ‘not a real question’ — but that does not apply to meta. For details, see What’s Meta?.
Close votes on meta should be reserved for really drastic cases:
- Posting something that wants to be a question but doesn’t include a question.
- Posting incomprehensible gibberish.
- Badmouthing the site, any users or Stack Exchange altogether.
Since nothing of this applies to the above linked posts they should be left open. In fact, some are very interesting from a historical point of view.
Note that leaving questions on meta unanswered or open does not affect the main site’s answered statistics.