From the FAQ:
- customs & border crossing, visas and other travel documents such as permits
- accommodation: camping, hostels & backpackers, guesthouses, B&B's, hotels, renting a villa on a trip
- loyalty programmes: frequent flyer points and hotel advantages
- health and safety issues related to travel
- modes of travelling: international, domestic, and public transport
- finances: budgets, costs, foreign exchange
- working while on the go (WWOOFing, volunteer travel etc) - not immigration or work visas, see below
What about activities to do while travelling? When travelling, people could do many activities, some that are particularly touristic, but some that aren't. The FAQ currently doesn't mention activities as on-topic at all. For a particular activity, how do we determine if it's on-topic or not?
- Going on a tour boat on a canal?
- Visiting a museum?
- Going to the zoo?
- Visiting a shopping centre?
- Hiking up a mountain?
- Going to a pub, restaurant, night-club?
- Recommendation for book store, library?
Many of those questions I may very well ask of the place where I live. However, they also relate to what people may do while travelling. How do we draw the line? Should the FAQ mention activities at all?