Here's the place to suggest topics for inclusion in the agenda of the upcoming Townhall meeting. Add your suggestion as a separate answer, optionally provide some context or description. Vote up on the suggestions you'd like to be discussed.
An arbitrary threshold should probably be set -- to keep the schedule tight, let's say the top 5 rated answers by 12pm, Jan 30 (UTC). The meeting takes place on Jan 31, 22:00-23:00 UTC.
If you don't like a topic, or don't feel it should be discussed, please downvote it.
EDIT ----- THANKS FOR VOTING!
The Agenda, 10 minutes open discussion on each of 5 topics. Please don't go past the 10 minutes and stay on topic.
TOPICS and TIMES (all times are UTC)
- (1 minute to allow latecomers)
- 22:01-22:10 - SE staff have asked for suggested blogs, sites to advertise on, thoughts? Do we do sponsored posts, straight adverts or what?
- 22:11-22:20 - we've been traditionally lenient in the first 24 hours of a new post to give people a chance to improve them. Now that we've graduated, the proposal is if a question is at all not suitable, close-vote (with comments to help them) and the questioner can always edit and flag to reopen later. Thoughts?
- 22:21-22:30 - The blog - consensus is we going to have one, so who is going to run it, and what content should be on it? How often should it update?
- 22:31-22:40 - How to handle naming conventions, tags and the like (eg Myanmar/Burma)
- 22:41-22:50 - Ideas for community growth - outside of the official advertising aspect - what can we do?
- 22:51-23:00 (or later) - open discussion of any topic