While some quested have been summarily executed, received close votes, or received down votes as being off topic based on being too open, not specific enough, no "right" answer, and open to list answers, other falling into that category have had no such response and are already getting large lists of answers. I'll paste them into this question as I find them:
- list When traveling to a country with a different currency, how should you take your money?
- list Which European cities have bike rental stations for tourists?
- no one right answer How to overcome the language barrier when visiting France and Spain?
- list What are the best ways to avoid data roaming fees when travelling abroad?
- no one right answer What are some good ways to find things to explore on-site in an unfamiliar place?
- list What seasonal work can fund travel?
- list Is there a list of free accommodation resources?
- no one right answer How do you avoid "tourist traps" when traveling to a country where you do not speak the language?
- not specific How can I travel between US towns without flying?
We could use this list to help decide the exceptions to the rules or where to find the flexibility or whether some other closures need to be reexamined. Are we being consistent? Does consistency matter? Are we being too easy on these questions? Are we being hard on some closed/downvoted questions?