What do we do with biggest, highest, fastest questions? Under what criteria are they on-topic?
The factoids tag gathers quite a few, e.g.:
- World's fastest ferry route (8 up-votes)
- Fastest public elevator in the world (presently 3 close-votes)
- What is the longest passenger flight (with a flight number) in the world? (7 up-votes)
Literally speaking, all three are about methods of transportation and should therefore classify as travel, although travel by elevator is stretching the definition. On the other hand, a super-fast elevator is also a tourist attraction in itself. But where do we draw the limit between travel and geographic factoids? Questions about northernmost/highest/etc. may be closed as general reference ( although this one about the easternmost point of Asia was not), but are superlatives in general on-topic (by their virtue of being implicit tourist attractions), or would those fit better in a non-existing geography site?
Hypothethical questions where one could debate whether they are on-topic:
- What is the longest street in the world?
- What is the largest museum in the world?
- What is the longest unperturbed river in Europe?
By what criteria would one be on-topic, but not the other?